Showcase and Join Southasian Network
The submission is open for 2019 Zero mm Youth Film Festival Southasia.
We are especially seeking films made by young and emerging filmmakers from Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal and Pakistan.
Filmmakers who are not Southasian but have made films telling Southaisan stories can also submit.
The themes for the Zero mm 2019 are:
Anything, literally, that can give a taste of Southasia through compelling stories. We want to talk about food, history, art, culture, bazars and more.
Films that talks about urban youth, their aspirations, life and dreams
Looking through the gender lens, reflecting on life experiences and sharing how gender impacts opportunities and challenges
Awards & Prizes
Best Live Action/Documentary/Animation – Under 10 Minutes
Best Live Action/Documentary/Animation – Under 30 Minutes
28 February 2019
- There is no production completion deadline.
- Premiere is not essential for the films.
- Only digital formats (Apple ProRes 422 or H.264) for screening are required.
- Films will be screened in their original language/version. All films must have subtitles in English.
- Film Producers, Directors, Distributors or their duly authorized representatives or duly authorized government organization/agency of the participating countries may enter their films for the competition through the enclosed Entry Form.
- The Festival organizers reserve the right to invite films they consider suitable for the film festival.
- The participants must ensure that they have the right to participate in the festival with regard to parties connected with the production/distribution of the participating film and/or other right holders/licenses.
- Participation in the Festival implies acceptance of these Regulations.
- Films entered in the Competition Section must fulfil the following conditions:
- Entries will be subject to review by a committee constituted by this Festival. A film which is not accepted for the Competition Section can be shown in other Section with the specific consent of the entrant.
- No person in any way connected with the production or commercial exploitation of a competitive entry will be a member of the jury. All Members of the jury will refrain from releasing any articles or reviews to the press concerning the films submitted for their judgment until after the jury’s decisions have been formally published/declared.