#EquallyLoud - Call for Proposals: Grants for Short Films in Pakistan
The Little Art (through its project Zero mm Youth Film Festival Southasia) invites proposals to support short film production through small grants.
The grants aim to support young independent filmmakers from Pakistan. Proposal can be sent by anyone over the age of 18 years, but projects shall engage under 25 young people working in key roles in the projects.
Projects seeking for support shall include narrative/fiction films, documentary films, and new media projects that align with themes of gender equality, violence against children specially young girls and women, and empowerment of the marginalized from gender and rights perspective.
The call aims to support projects that addresses themes related to gender based discrimination, women and girl’s education, violence against women & girls, child abuse and harassment.
- Gender based discrimination: Biases in the workplace, income levels, employment opportunities, stereotypes about women’s domesticated roles and other similar narratives
- Women and girls’ education: Inspirational stories of women and girls overcoming social and financial obstacles to attend and complete schooling, stories demonstrating the positive impact of education on women and girls, etc.
- Violence Against Women & Girls (VAWG): Physical or mental violence
- Child abuse: Physical, sexual, neglect
- Harassment: including in public places, at the workplace, on the streets. However, instead of emphasizing on the negative, these stories will focus on how women/girls overcome instances of public harassment either by themselves or through the law (each story reminding viewers of the legal, physical and social protection afforded to them by law).
Grants are available for production and post production stages. The outcome of the grants will be the short film produced for the showcase.
The ceiling of the grant is 100,000 PKR for each project.
- Applications from Pakistan (individual filmmakers or production companies)
- Applicants should be 18+ years old.
- Under 25 young people should be engaged in the key roles of the project in any capacities.
- Applicants should be able to provide samples of their work.
- Completed films may be in any language spoken in Pakistan, but shall be subtitled in Urdu/English, whatever the case may be.
Short Film Projects (4-10 minutes)
Narrative / fiction
New Media Projects (3-10 minutes)
Narrative / fiction
How to Apply
Deadline: 15th September, 2019
Please submit a 2-page proposal that shall include the narrative of the story/idea, and explanation of how the small grant funds will be used for the project.
Download this form and after filling it, please send it back at firstname.lastname@example.org with title “Proposal Submission-Grants for Short Films.”